Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok many of you know I had this 150 tank for some time and took it down now I am taking my second try on this tank.

Shot of when I last had it up
DSC00376.jpg

IMG00063-20100301-1501.jpg

I had so many issues with space location of pumps not enough flow I decided to go a whole diffrent direction with this system.

My first step was to fix up the stand way too low not enough space. So I went to Home depot bought some items to revamp my stand here is the results.
DSC01439.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thank you guys, I am kinda hooked on the white look at the moment hopefully I will get it painted by next week.

Currently I drilled an extra 1inch hole in the overflow area to add an additional drain to the sump. So I can add an extra 600-800gph from the sump to the tank

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Now, what I am working out on how to plumb it perfectly; uncertain if I wanna add a close valve on the end of the overflow or add a manifold to one of the drain pipes? I may also go with an internal pump since I rather not drill the sump go maybe going with a Mag 12? would like to hear some opinions

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thank Russ, But since I have it drilled with an extra 1in hole doesnt this allow me to push bout 800gph on each drain line? would I want to take advantage of that since now its a dual drain?

Sure, but I'm not a fan of high flow through a sump/fuge. The faster the water flows through the sump, the higher the bypass rate past the skimmer and through the fuge. Less time for those two, super important, filtration mediums to work their magic.

Russ

PS - In addition, a 1" pipe will handle 600 gph, not 800 gph.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: