Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went through the same issue with my RBTAs. 1 became 8 over a few years. They were so embedded deep into my rockwork that I had to break it all down to get them out. Most came of rather easily by suspending them over a bucket of water and using my fingers to gently get under the foot and let them fall into the water. 2 were deep into crevices in the rock. I had to use a butter knife but they eventually let go. Even though they looked beat up, all survived and showed no sign of trauma when put into a new tank.

Raed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have seen a similar post before where people used either ice to have them let go of the rock, or other method was having the power head directed at them so they are irritated and decide to move.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I went through the same issue with my RBTAs. 1 became 8 over a few years. They were so embedded deep into my rockwork that I had to break it all down to get them out. Most came of rather easily by suspending them over a bucket of water and using my fingers to gently get under the foot and let them fall into the water. 2 were deep into crevices in the rock. I had to use a butter knife but they eventually let go. Even though they looked beat up, all survived and showed no sign of trauma when put into a new tank.

This is the only way I've been able to get BTAs off rocks. I've held them upside down out of the tank for up to 10-12 minutes until it was easy to peel off the base. I've done it several times without any noticeable harm to the anemones. They remain inflated throughout the process as I'll do it slowly.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
use your nail or something like that small, pick and the edge like massaging it slowly. Moving toward getting your nail/finger under the middle of the em and slowly massage outward.
it will come off like that and as long as your slow and gentle you will be fine. I have learned this way works the fastest.
I have tried ice many times with no luck.
1 time before learning the massage technique i gave up on the ice and went to crack the rock it was on, took rock out of water, hit it once with a chisel/hammer and the nem did not like the shock and let go immediately.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: