Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure my tank could use a shot of GFO's, but after reading about their potential problem,...bleaching corals, dropping ph dkh, etc,..I'm a bit nervous.
Also, there are so many on the market, I would like to know what everyone has had a good experience with. I'm looking at "Continuum Aquatics" also the "Aquamax Phosphate Out GFO " looks good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
GFO is widely used in the hobby. i have used many different branded GFO and they have all done the job as advertised. I believe the problems you are worried about can happen if you do not take precautions such as using 1/4th or 1/2 the dose according to the manufacturer of the product. Since you have not run GFO before you should definitely run it with lower amount than the label suggest to avoid any of the problems you are worried about. On one of my tanks i continued to increase the amount of Over a few month till i was at the recommended amount by the manufacturer.
I am currently using High capacity GFO from BUlkreefsupply.com. Its just as good as any other branded ones. I make that judgement according to my phosphate test kit which reads 0.03 ppm steady for over three months now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you ecvernon! I will def lower the dose for the first few
applications. I didn't know that!
And thank you saltwaterinbrooklyn for your response! I'm feeling a bit isolated on this forum because I'm new and navigation is nuts!
How do I request friendships? Daaaaah!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: