Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Hey my GLTA's mouth has popped out like a cone and it is expelling smoke.
I have read all different information on the forums and cant really find an answer

Some say spawning
Some say just the sperm
Some say its waste

I have had this anemone for almost two years and have never seen it do this.
I noticed my water was really cloudy right before the atinics went out.
After a closer look i noticed smoke coming out of my anemones mouth and it hasn't stopped since the lights went out. It has been going on for almost 20 min now.

I have a 90 gallon system should i be worried about diluting???

thanks all

-Nikko

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A few creatures in our tanks do this..bristleworms will make a tank look like milk was poured in it, micro stars also spawn in tanks and cause them to get cloudy.

It is a little strange to look and see 'smoke' inside of your tank for the first time..lol

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I recently added a holloween urchin from DD and when i put her into the tank she instantly started smoking. I mean SMOKING!! It lasted about 20 minutes and my 120gallon tank was absolutely cloudy (always crystal clear) I didn't panic cause it was only a urchin and what damage could it actually do. But let me tell you i was shocked to see this animal literally smoke. Dont know what, why, or how but it happened. Tank quickly cleared up with no ill effects.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: