• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the coralife aquagloves and i despise them! whenever i wear them i feel like i am either working in a meth lab or handling unstable plutonium.

I would like to purchase either reef safe disposable gloves or another pair of gloves that i can easily wash and reuse. My biggest fear in this hobby is using something that could leach chemicals into the water.. so what gloves do you recommend!

I was starting to lose a little interest in my reef tank until i re-aquascaped it this weekend! After being fed up with how hard it is to maneuver the rocks these massive aqua gloves, i took them off and had a nice hand shake with a bristle worm! The tank came out great, my hand came out alright.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I would like to get those long plastic gloves that they use for artificially inseminating horses.
Not kidding these things look perfect. They go up to the arm pit, and are disposable.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Well if your aqua scaping or moving large rocks, use the 'meth gloves'. They will protect your from cutting yourself.

Otherwise, I just bought vinyl gloves. They are stronger than latex.

I dont have any suggestions other than that for your poor soft sensitive forearms that have an avoidance to water :(

STAY STRONG, BROTHER!

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That depends on what you do for a living. I cook so I could have any number of oils on me. When I wash up I may have soap residue etc.
better safe than sorry.

I wash my hands right before I dip my paws in the tank and I rinse really good but the disposable gloves are what I am going to have to buy because I am always scared I won't get all the soap off my hands.

I have two pairs of the Coralife gloves, one pair I use when I have to snake a drain and the other pair collects dust. I need to feel what I am working with and the Coralife gloves are just too thick.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: