nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Let's try that again

I got my non ORA mandarin to eat frozen food finally !!!

I went out and bought a breeding net and stuck my little guy in there with a ball of cheato for a few days but I also fed him live brine mixed with nutrimar ova and cyclopeez. Once I noticed him eating the brine I put the cheato back in my refugium and then once I noticed him eating the frozen I slowly started to back off on the brine until all he was eating was the cyclopeez and nutrimar ova. Now he's free in my tank and eating the frozen stuff whenever I feed !! I've even seen him try to eat some of the spectrum pellets although they are to big. The whole process took about a week.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That's great!
I have an ORA Mandarin. He hasn't eaten a single piece of prepared foods. I kept him in qt for a month when I got him and tried to get him to eat, but no luck. Finally I put in my DT where he has been eating pods but nothing else. I've had him for 2.5 months now. He seems to be doing well( not skinny ). I would live to get him to eat mysis or cyclop-eze. Maybe I will give your method a try. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: