Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have no power my bat back up is now dead my tank is running on 2 battery powered air pumps I got my fingers crossed it 9pm they say it we will be out to 3am this realy sux I could lose everything how long could a tank last with no power??/

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
run to 711 or wawa and get your self a couple more batteries to keep the air pumps going. Then if anything just keep stirring up the water to keep everything moving.
Good luck

+1

No reason to lose ANYTHING in your tank if you're home and know about the situation. If you were away from home, I could understand having a problem. Being home alleviates all questions. Too many ways to keep it running.

Wal-Mart is open 24/7. Go buy a power inverter and marine deep cycle battery.
Buy more D cells for your air pumps.
Buy a hand powered cake mixer to stir up the water.

Good luck
swimmer

Attach a paint stirrer to a battery powered drill

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
remember the conditions fish and corals and ensure during shipping. Your tank should be fine.

There is a big difference between shipping a fish or coral and not have any water moment in your fully stock tank. It doesn't take long for the oxygen to disappear in the tank and things to start to die, which just makes thing worst. It's like a house of cards.

You need to make sure you have some type of water movement or water breakage, a lot of which has been mention above.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
got a bunch of d bats just put fresh ones in the pumps got a inverter with a small pump going also put an air stone in my sump. got a full charge on my laptop lol nothing looks stressed the water is move-n in the tank the wind is still blow-n in staten island when I went to the store to get battries there was alot of trees down alot of lines down didnt see one con ed truck i dont know how they will have this fixed any time soon????

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
got a bunch of d bats just put fresh ones in the pumps got a inverter with a small pump going also put an air stone in my sump. got a full charge on my laptop lol nothing looks stressed the water is move-n in the tank the wind is still blow-n in staten island when I went to the store to get battries there was alot of trees down alot of lines down didnt see one con ed truck i dont know how they will have this fixed any time soon????

The city and its entities go by what THEY consider priority- Con Ed's usually pretty quick but hope theres no grids out that contain either, hospitals, police precincts, fire stations, nursing homes OR a Con Edision workers house. If thats the case you may be waiting quite a while<-- ok well the con ed workers house thing was a joke but they do have set priorities that most residents would disagree with because their houses never seem to be high on that priority list.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
hey cibo i hope everything is ok, my power was out for a while and its back now.

i used some advice i read a few days ago from one of our members and drilled holes in a bucket and kept dumping water into it and held it as high as i could. everything is fine over here.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: