gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I need advice from you techies. I am thinking about a project for next school year. I want to get a GPS device and ship it to different parts of the country and the world. Yes, I would be asking for help from my friends on here for that too, lol. But I want to be able to view where the GPS device is as it travels from one place to another online. I have a class website. We would ask whoever has the GPS to do a small scavenger hunt, tell us a bit about the city, region, state, country, etc that they live in. From this info we would do reading, writing, math, social studies ,etc with it all year long. And, it would be a great cultural exchange for both sides of the experience. So, any suggestions on what kind of GPS device to purchase and what kind of program that would enable us to view where it is in the world? Thoughts?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I don't understand the data you'll be collecting. But the premise you described, sounds like you can probably accomplish with a Geotag device and perhaps GeoBlogging with captured data.

Here's a brief tutorial/explanation on GeoTagging
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/newsLetter/GPS-Geotagging.jsp

It might be as simple as leveraging Google Maps/Earth + Google Docs + an Android device creating your own GeoBlog. Which I'm sure you can integrate it with your already established class website. http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to collect infor as to where the device is. A packet will accompany the GPS. In the packet will be a list of questions/objectives for whoever has the GPS to do. They will send us back infor. by email and by our blog. I want the GPS to send location info to us. The rest of the info will be sent by the human counterparts. I will check out the links you sent. Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: