swervo513

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey,

Ive been dosing Kalk+2 for the past week and trying to grow some coralline. There seems to be some gray blotches of coralline growing on the back glass, but no purple or teal colors... What can I do to get better colors?

-Larry

SharkLover

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing Kalk? or Calc?

You should be dosing Calcium. Kalk is more to maintain PH and parameters during night when PH drops. I assume if your dosing KALK and not Calc then theres your problem. What are you Calc/Alk/Magnesium parameters?

alk, mag, calcium in that order to avoid precipitation.

Low alk precipitates Mag
Low Mag precipitates Calc
Low Calcium precipitates Alk.
This is IIRC. don't qoute me on this.

Last edited:

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Dosing Kalk? or Calc?

You should be dosing Calcium. Kalk is more to maintain PH and parameters during night when PH drops. I assume if your dosing KALK and not Calc then theres your problem.

...Uh, what? Kalk is a traditional, cheap balanced supplement for Ca and Carbonate in low-to-medium-demand systems. Its use as pH maintenance is secondary.

swervo513

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi ... I was going to say that its a brand that supplements Calcium Magnesium and Alkalinity so why would I have to dose more calcium. I Measured my Calcium at 450-500 and I know I'm a bad reefer but I haven't gotten the other test kits yet. This is all so expensive I've been buying a little at a time. Even for a 12 Gallon tank!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: