Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all,
I'm new to mr and the nyc area, thought i'd put up a post and stop lurking ...
Im originally from the US virgin Islands and have always kept saltwater tanks, it is a longtime passion of mine and i have gotten involved with local schools back home to pass on the knowledge and understanding that comes from maintaining a reef tank. I am in NYC about once a month these days and i am very impressed with this forum and therefore by the reefing scene up here in the city . I've so far only been able to visit manhattanaquarium as far as lfs stores go, but i am looking forward to seeing a few more stores during my stay . I am staying in the woodside area of queens and am interested in any lfs stores between here and manhattan that people can recommend . i appreciate any and all input !!!

i also included a nice vid of a pod of dolphins shot by my brother at cane bay st croix USVI , hope you enjoy !!!

Attachments

• IMG_5108.Mp4
    869.6 KB · Views: 80

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Welcome
Aquarium Village is a bit east but one of my favs.
Total Aquarium is one of the cleanest and well run shoppes around. The owner knows his stuff, and keeps up on the latest tech. Most of his reef tanks run bio pellets and his results are awe inspiring.
Have been to your islands. Beautiful place.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
hey, if you are interested in talking to schools about reef keeping, feel free to PM me about visiting the high school I work in. We are in Jamaica queens.

New York Reef Aquatics actually supported us with some donations, so, yes, visit him!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: