reefames

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
I have a problem with my 1998 36" Hamilton hood, specifically the 2 X fluorescent actinics. I *used* to get months of life from the bulbs but recently, past year, i'm lucky to get a few weeks before one or both bulbs show problems, (blackening on the ends and or bulb flickering). I just went through 10 X Aqueon bulbs from Petco this past month (March). Petco was nice enough to refund my purchase ($94).

The hamilton hood is old... i get that. Besides this issue, the main bulb (175Watt) and setup work very well.

Could the Aqeon bulb brand be the issue? or, is this a sign that the another part of the system (ballast ?) is on its way out? NOTE: i used to purchase replacement bulbs from Coralife but those are hard to find these days, (another sign that my lighting system is way out of date..?)

anyone have a similar issue(s)?

thanks.

reefames

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking this out further (overnight) its time to replace my setup with a new one from Hamilton - '3 ft Cebu Sun Systems - 175 Watt' should do the trick.

20 years with my existing Light has been a good run :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: