Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So i moved my tank forward about 1-2 inches and my lights are not centered anymore. They are already at the edge of the shelf they are hung from so i was thinking of changing how they are hung....
I read around and some people take some metal conduit and have it bent 90 degrees over the tank and just mount to the side of the base...
I have been to Lowes and Home Depot and both will not bend the conduit for me.
Anyone have another idea? or somewhere i can bend conduit?

Again open to other ideas for hanging them as well...

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Could buy the short piece that's already bent, and attach it to straight piece with coupler.
Or any electrician can do it likity split
But I like the bend it in the isle yourself idea best. You can never find someone who works there to help you, until you don't want one I guess

Last edited:

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i was thinking about coupling 2 smaller pieces with an angle part...
I didnt see them available but i got a little peeved with them saying no that i didnt ask or look... they should have an right angle coupler no ?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Go to an electrical supply place, they'll hook you up. Not like homecheapo.
At some of my local homecheapos they have the small right angles with the removable cover for pulling wires, and bent pipe 90 deg angles, about a foot or 2 long

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is hanging by wire kit now, hung from a shelf. I moved the tank forward and the cables are already at the end of the shelf and are no longer in the center of the tank...
So I'm planning to change what to hang the wires from.
To just hang from the ceiling i would need an electrical outlet up there close to the lights to not have 3 power cords going up the wall.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I see what you're saying about the power cord. I think most of us just live with the power cord hanging off the side of the fixture going down to the outlet. One way or another the cord is going up or down... Unless you build some fancy enclosure or wire molding or something like that to conceal it. I like the look of the fixture hanging from the ceiling. I don't even notice the power cord to be honest.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: