Ruben193

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to reefing testing my phosphate for the first time on my 6 months tank. I need help understanding the read out if possible. Any help would help thanks.

Attachments

• BD8BF46C-42B9-4EBC-95BC-1A4322D19B31.jpeg
    BD8BF46C-42B9-4EBC-95BC-1A4322D19B31.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
need more information on your tank
what’s your nitrates
water changes are always a good way to start
little high for me but not terrible
gotta see what you are using
do you have a skimmer or fuge or anything to get rid of nutrients
watch a ton a of utube videos would also help

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
So would that consider high for a reef tank and if so how could i lower it?
Yea anything above .08 is considered high for stony corals (sps). If you are keeping softies than not so much...borderline high. I have large polyp stony corals (lps) and softies and keep my tank around .12 to .08ppm.

It starts with stock and feeding habits. Its a new tank so you really just have to be careful with overstocking too quickly with fish and coral. Feeding habits may need adjustment. Feed fish so they eat everything within 90-120 seconds. And then do that 1 or 2x a day. Anything left over sits and rots and shoots up phosphates and nitrates.

Removal is water changes. Skimmer. Refugium. GFO reactors. Macroalgae reactors. Filter socks. Biomedia. Theres a ton of info out there. You have to pick what works for you in your space limitations, budget and comfortability.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: