Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I saw one today for sale. I'm curious to know if anyone ever owned one of these Tangs for a long time. I've never seen an adult size one. I bought one many years ago, it didn't last a week. It swam around in a circle for the most part and didn't eat much and DIED. Any thoughts on the temperament and care of these fish? From owners... Thanks
images

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
they are usually fairly calm when young but as they get big they are highly aggressive and some would say that it would give a Sohal a run for it's money.

They are usually harder to keep than a Sohal tho and many people have experiences like you did or they'll even last a few months and then suddenly die.

PM Dnov99. I am pretty sure he had one for a good while before it became overly aggressive.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I have had mine for roughly 2 years. He eats like a pig and is definitely aggressive. However, they dont grow fast and are absolutely stunning. My advise is to plan carefully and make him the last tang you add to your tank.

Silverni2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a 4" clown tang in my 120 mixed reef. They need at least a 200 gallon tank they swim like crazy. Very aggressive as he has gotten bigger I've tried to catch him several time but know luck! If you ever want to take a road trip to the Philly burbs and can catch him( without destroying my tank) he's yours! I may even throw some frags in!

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have a 4" clown tang in my 120 mixed reef. They need at least a 200 gallon tank they swim like crazy. Very aggressive as he has gotten bigger I've tried to catch him several time but know luck! If you ever want to take a road trip to the Philly burbs and can catch him( without destroying my tank) he's yours! I may even throw some frags in!
LMFAO! wow

junior ibanez

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

LOL WOW +2 he is desperate, he's like.. I'll give you the clown tang, I'll pay for the gas, buy you breakfast, AND.... throw some frags in !!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: