Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have polyps (I think they are Green Zoos) and have had them for a few months now. I noticed they havent opened for atleast a month and im a little concerned. They have continued to spread over the rock so i think they are alive but they wont open Is there anything I can do. Also there is some green algae on the growing on the rock and around the polyps do u think it could be affecting them and is there a way to clean the algae off without hurting the polyp? Thanks in advance

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
some pics n background info on your system and par(no3,ph,alk,...) would help.
algea most definitely will bother and /or even smother it to death. u can try to use a toothbrush(1 that is clean) n carefully brush some off, however it will only grow back in time. the real solution is to reduce n mininmize its growth.

Last edited:

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My tank is a 55gal, I have a mixture of fish and rock and like 3 corals 1 of which is the polyp. my peramiters were good when i checked them 3 days ago, I have a lunar deluxe for lighting and a ehiem canister as my filter , two small water pumps along with my uv ster and a protein filter. I have attached a pic like u asked maybe u can tell me if they can be salvaged. Sorry my wife has the camera for St. Pattys day celebration photos so i had to use my cell, lol.

Attachments

• polyp.jpg
    polyp.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 148

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: