inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while no reef, no worries...
Been really busy prepping for the birth of my twins.

Just have to VENT!!!!
Anyway what do you guys think I should do about this really annoying neighbors barking dog. I've tried many times to talk to this person one to one, he doesn't get it that his dog is very annoying to us, his response is that I have to learn to live with it. I live in a condo complex, not a house so I can't really get away from the noise. Don't get me wrong I like dogs and cats, but when you don't take the time to train them or even to spend time with your pets because you're not home most of the day is when I start to despise these stay at home creatures. I've tried the ultra sound device to no avail, tried some sprays (to keep the damn dog away from the door), tried loud noise........

Nothing works (legally).

Had a another run in with the crazy neighbor tonight - he's comparing what noise he will experience from my unborn kids as similar to his dog ?????
(told you he's crazy).

Any ideas or sggestions??
Greatly appreciated.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You live in a condo in NY. All condo's have to have a homeowners association. You tried to handle it with him civilly. Now you need to go to the next level. See what might be written in the by-laws of the HOA.

If you are disturbed by the barking, aren't there other neighbors who are bothered as well? A unified, civilized group will get more satisfaction than one single complainer.

swimmer

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes, I've called 311. Problem is they will send someone at their convenience, which is a problem since the dog only barks when the owners are not home.
Hey Don!

And yes we've complained a few times a already, problem is the condo board is reluctant to fine owners who actually live in their unit. Also the other people on the same floor don't have the same issues we have since we are literally right across the hall from them.

Sigh!? Tonight the crazy guy said I was his enemy, but I stood my ground and refused to back down to this incoherent person. Thinking about calling the Police on him after his threats (doubt they'll really even show up).

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
You live in a condo in NY. All condo's have to have a homeowners association. You tried to handle it with him civilly. Now you need to go to the next level. See what might be written in the by-laws of the HOA.

If you are disturbed by the barking, aren't there other neighbors who are bothered as well? A unified, civilized group will get more satisfaction than one single complainer.

swimmer

well said

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
flavoroflove.jpg
311 IS A JOKE!!!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
When The Neighbor Is Gone Get Some Cayan Pepper And Blow It Under The Door, When The Dog Gets A Sniff Of It It Will Not Bark At The Door No More, And No Animals Will Be Harmed In This

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
it's just amazing that neighbors don't have consideration for others.

How true, however I've had awesome neighbors before in the past.
Seems you're likely to get some nasty hard to kill aiptasia every so often.

Filed a police report on record tonight so we'll see how this progresses.
They told me next time call 911 if that neighbor threatens us again, some people just do not get it that this is America and some country which they originated from.

Sorry for the rant.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: