Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
There are warning lables on some fishing equipment, fishing rods, fishing line etc... Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. They don't say what chemical.
Anyone know what chemical or chemicals they're referring to, and how you can protect yourself?:tank: Thanks for your help.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I believe it is the clear coating that is used to laminate the rods giving them corrosion resistance I think but don't quote me , call Bernie's bait and tackle in sheapshead bay , they make custom rods !
Thanks you're a great help, i didn't know they make custom rods there.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
There are warning lables on some fishing equipment, fishing rods, fishing line etc... Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. They don't say what chemical.
Anyone know what chemical or chemicals they're referring to, and how you can protect yourself?:tank: Thanks for your help.

Seems to be on Graphite and lead equipment. I don't see how you could get cancer from touching these things. I would be more concerned with all the processed foods we ingest. I am not a doctor though:irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: