youngfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My tank stand only has around 22.25" height clearance for skimmer. I plan to have Bubble Magus Curve 7. The official data for this skimmer is 21" in height (not sure if this includes height required to remove the cup). It is very close so I wonder if anyone has this skimmer and give some input?

francisedward1993

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
im using the same skimmer, my sump is 17" tall, skimmer goes up to 21" and my stand goes up to 27" so i have about 6" to move the cup, but its very easy for me to move it around..used to have a stand thats around 23" or 24" tall and it was a pain bcuz i have to keep shifting the sump to the side to get the skimmer cup off

youngfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
im using the same skimmer, my sump is 17" tall, skimmer goes up to 21" and my stand goes up to 27" so i have about 6" to move the cup, but its very easy for me to move it around..used to have a stand thats around 23" or 24" tall and it was a pain bcuz i have to keep shifting the sump to the side to get the skimmer cup off

Even 23" or 24" need to shift the sump? If the skimmer is 21", most of the skimmer neck joint is about 1", it is supposed to be around 22" to pull the skimmer cup off. When you talk about shifting sump, it is to get skimmer cup out, not pull the skimmer cup off from the skimmer body, right? My sump is 14" tall so I should not have problem pulling the skimmer cup outside the sump. My problem is the overall height required to remove the cup from skimmer body. Since my stand height allows 22.25" which is only 1.25" more than the advertised skimmer height, that's why I am asking to get an accurate measurement. As long as I can remove the cup, I can move the cup out of my sump.

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: