D

Dan XVI

First of all, I would like to say hello and introduce myself, my name is Dan and I am a medical student at UMDNJ in Newark NJ. I've been active in the hobby for about 6 months, and currently have 2 tanks running.

I recently purchased a belted wrasse under the (false) impression they were pretty easy to take care of (thanks LFS).

I have a 55 gallon tank with about 75lbs of fiji LR that was seeded with pods a little over a week ago. He has been picking at the rock and sand since I got him, but he refuses to take any food I add to the tank. I have tried flake with garlic, pellets, freeze dried mysis and brine shrimp.

Any tips as I move forward and try to get this guy to eat?

Any info would be appreciated, thank you,
Dan

bruma bull

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
IM no expert but id put him in a tank with no rocks to eat from and can only eat what you give him, or try adding garlic to the food

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
First welcome to the board.
have you tried mysis shrimp? also the garlic additive is a nice little enticer. take some meaty foods like mysis shrimp and soak in a garlic water mix. this should has been known to help the picky eaters get hungry and eat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: