A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a product that requires a prescription, so buddy up with someone with a dog.

I have however heard of those who buy it overseas (Australia specifically), although I'm not sure how that works legally with shipping to the US.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to remember you can't buy this over the counter, you have to find a friendly vet who is willing to prescribe it for fish.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you want to be asking where/how to buy a controlled substance here on a public forum? :wink:

Maybe Dustin could help, though the thread is quite old.

Apart from that, your best bet is to print out a lot of literature, take a lot of pictures, and take it to a friendly, reasonable veterinarian.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually you'd want to take it to an unreasonable vet, because any reasonable one would rather not risk his practice/license by dispensing a prescription med for a reason outside of its intended use :)

That being said, how come there has been no aquarium version to pop out there? Does the company that makes it still hold a patent over the ingredients or something?

Also interceptor is easily an in-tank treatment (it will make your shrimp retarded and kill your pods though :D), so if you can't get your hands on it you can always do it later.

Also ask your LFS, they might be able to do a little under the counter transactions

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I ordered I got it from some online petmed company but can't recall the name. I found it searching the RC interceptor threads.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":12osfpx3 said:
I think I wanna dip all my new corals with this just in case.

What are you trying to achieve with it? I mean, what are you trying to kill off? Is it something that Milbemycin oxime (the ingredient in Interceptor) is specific for? Otherwise, if you want a tx that is just an anthelmintic (which is what Interceptor is) that a scrip isn't required for then you can investigate what seahorse keepers use...panacur.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was www.petmedstore.com that you could get it from. Not sure if you still can.

Otherwise, find a reasonable vet and explain what you want and show them Dustins thread. Or find someone who has some. :D

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawdawg":13fq3lnm said:
Len":13fq3lnm said:

What are you trying to achieve with it? I mean, what are you trying to kill off? Is it something that Milbemycin oxime (the ingredient in Interceptor) is specific for? Otherwise, if you want a tx that is just an anthelmintic (which is what Interceptor is) that a scrip isn't required for then you can investigate what seahorse keepers use...panacur.

Thinking about using it as part of my coral dip preventive measure. I basically want all flatworms (AEFW or otherwise) and bugs (red or otherwise) and nudis dead. I'm tired of corrective treatments ... preventive is the way to go.

Brian5000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to the local veteranarian. After a bit of explaining about how I intended to use it, I got a few pills from him without a problem. This veterinarian required positive testing for heartworm before he'd give it to a dog so honesty was definately the best, and easiest, policy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":6sq09lf5 said:
Lawdawg":6sq09lf5 said:
Len":6sq09lf5 said:

Thinking about using it as part of my coral dip preventive measure. I basically want all flatworms (AEFW or otherwise) and bugs (red or otherwise) and nudis dead. I'm tired of corrective treatments ... preventive is the way to go.

Interceptor kills AEFW? Or are you using something else for that?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from my vet. It took a little explaining, but since I was asking for two pills only it was not a big deal

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: