dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am looking to get a new skimmer in the next few days. I currently have a Tunze 9005, but dont want to stick with this, as i feel there are beter options out there.

My tank is a 58g with a 30g sump. Mixed reef, medium bio-load i would say. Availale space in sump is approx. 12"x10".

The three skimmers i am considering are:

• Vertex IN-80
  • Octopus Extreme 180
  • ASM G1-X
Looking for some experienced backed advice on which to go with. If you think there are better options in the $150-$300 range, please feel free to mention them!

Thanks!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Owned the swc 160, as well as about 15 other skimmers, id go with the vertex in 100 not the 80 better to have a little bigger one, i have the in 180 on my 80g reef and love it, set and forget

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For $400 I would give the octopus extreme cone skimmer a try But water has to be between 6-8 inches only. I just purchased one after about 3 years of an Asm, I will post my results of the Octo Extreme soon.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok, now i see foot print is to big, the 80 would be enough these skimmers are very well built easy to use, it's the same company that makes bk skimmers. as much as i like the skimmers with sicce pumps i dont like the issues that go with them, and not to get off track david get a pic of that thing posted

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: