ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I am sorry to say I quit! I wanted to make them work. I bought the AI SOL BLUE new but after trying, I couldn't achieve the level of success I once had. For a mixed reef with mostly lps and softies they are great. But colors on sps such as my red planet, purple plasma, an various others it just was not right. I went back to my outer orbit pro MH T5 fixture. The savings in electricity are not enough for me. I rather deal with the heat and chiller and have better looking coral. It's been a little over a week and colors are already starting to improve. Worst part is wife is annoyed That i sold off the fixture an went back to the old ones. After telling her all the wonderful benefits of the led fixtures that I purchased. Lol

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go L.E.D, Acan for example has good deals right now. The 18in 104ac is on sale for $500 right now. You can go the 300 series but I beleive they are mostly designed for lps. AI work as well. But I must say, I see the best color from t5. I run ACAN's, mostly because of power consumption, life of bulbs and jeez they are bright. Oh and my sps/lps dig it.

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I am sorry to say I quit! I wanted to make them work. I bought the AI SOL BLUE new but after trying, I couldn't achieve the level of success I once had. For a mixed reef with mostly lps and softies they are great. But colors on sps such as my red planet, purple plasma, an various others it just was not right. I went back to my outer orbit pro MH T5 fixture. The savings in electricity are not enough for me. I rather deal with the heat and chiller and have better looking coral. It's been a little over a week and colors are already starting to improve. Worst part is wife is annoyed That i sold off the fixture an went back to the old ones. After telling her all the wonderful benefits of the led fixtures that I purchased. Lol

What % where they at

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
told you leds suck lmfao glad you got rid of them :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting schedule:
645 sunrise: 5% white 50% blue
800: 20% white 80% blue
1000: 35% white 80% blue
1200: 50 % white 100% blue
1430: 35% white 100% blue
1800: 100% blue 10% moonlight l.e.d( most powerful, do not run during the day)
2130: 20% moonlight l.e.d

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and a little thunderstorm in the morning before sunrise for 1 min. Trick is put your end time after the storm and a min before yor sunrise. I dig them! Unfortunately, the pics I had taken with my phone suck for lack of a better word. Trying to get my hands on a camera. All in all, no matter what you use, if you use it right you will see results.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: