Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm having some trouble with my sump. From my knowledge, my AquaC EV120 can only be in 6 inches of water because the gate valve is 6 inches above the bottom of the skimmer (is that right?) So I am boosting it up so it can be in 13 inches of water. My plan right now is to have my refugium in the first section then a 15 inch high baffle, the skimmer in the second section and then a bubble trap with first a 12 inch baffle, then a baffle that comes down from the top of the tank to 2 inches off of the bottom of the sump, then a 8 inch high baffle and then the return pump. I have 2 concerns. My main concern is will the refugium get too much flow in the first section? Should I move the return pump to the second section and the skimmer to the first section and then the refugium as the 3rd section with the bubble trap after the skimmer? And how do I set it up that way? Do I just make baffle after the return pump that is like an inch lower than the baffle before the return pump and let the water go into the refugium and then it just naturally goes back into the sump?
My sump is a 55 gallon. 48x13x18

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: