Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I cannot get the driver/controller hardness to dim completely to "0".

Steps I have tested:
1)All power cords unconnected
2)Connect all the power cords, signal channel not connected, lights off
3)connect signal source wires to signal import ports, light still off
4)Supply voltage to the signal ports, lights turned on according the voltage level
5)Turn the signal source down to "0", the lights remain lowly lit
6)Disconnect both "+" and "-1" signal wire, lights still lowly lit
7)Disconnect power cords, everything off

Any clue what has happened?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Wingo,
I have always read that the popular dimmable ballast such as Inventronics and Meanwells do not dim to zero and that you need to time the outlet of the controller to turn on and off.
I have a retro setup using Inventronics drivers on my RSM 250 with a Reefkeeper ALC and when it dims down to zero, it is still dimly lit until the power outlet on the Reefkeeper shuts the juice off via a predetermined time command.
Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Wingo,
I have always read that the popular dimmable ballast such as Inventronics and Meanwells do not dim to zero and that you need to time the outlet of the controller to turn on and off.
I have a retro setup using Inventronics drivers on my RSM 250 with a Reefkeeper ALC and when it dims down to zero, it is still dimly lit until the power outlet on the Reefkeeper shuts the juice off via a predetermined time command.
Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

This is the way we used to do with the GHL. But I am trying to find a method so that no programming in Apex is needed

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I believe the Steve's LED drivers should turn off at 0. I would contact Steve. Also the meanwell LDD series should dim to 0 and shut off.

I am still waiting for his answer.

I did not try the PWM by itself, so I cannot say for sure whether the driver itself can dim to zero completely. Since the controller is Apex, I added his controller harness to handle the 0-10V signal, so it may be a glitch in the harness not the driver.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: