trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My hippo tang caught ich, since then 2 other tangs got it..Is there anyone in my area that have a hospital tank that's willing treat these fishes for me? i dont have to space to setup a new tank. I got a sailfin tang and a yellow tang..there's a few other fishes in the tank but so far they show no signs of it..they all still eat fine. Im at 10553

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
ALL of the fish have to be treated. If any fish remain in the tank, they will continue to host the parasite and it won't ever go away.
Just because you cannot see any ich on the outside of them, it doesn't mean that don't have it internally :(

You might inquire at your LFS, sometimes they are willing to set up a hospital tank to help out a good customer.

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ALL of the fish have to be treated. If any fish remain in the tank, they will continue to host the parasite and it won't ever go away.
Just because you cannot see any ich on the outside of them, it doesn't mean that don't have it internally :(

You might inquire at your LFS, sometimes they are willing to set up a hospital tank to help out a good customer.

Thanks Kathy, ill speak to them tomorrow and see what they say.. :(

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
The problem is that you do not have to just treat those fish. You really need to get your tank fallow for at least 12 weeks in my opinion. Well that is if you want to get rid of the ICH. The only problem with having someone else treat the fish is that you need to make sure that they are treated properly.

What kind of tank do you have??

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Fish need to be treated in hypo salinity for 6 weeks.
The tank itself must not have any fish in it for 6 weeks for everything to die off.
This information came from a fellow reefer who is extremely knowledgeable and respected thought the community therefore I believe him. Also a uv wouldn't hurt for future help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: