Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think this is some kind of conch snail, it lives in my tank since march of the last year. So far it seems fine and I did not noticed any damage done by it.
Can someone identify it and does anyone has same species in their tank?

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpg
    IMG_6828.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6826.jpg
    IMG_6826.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6827.jpg
    IMG_6827.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 92
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks to all who responded, and yes based on the shell shape it is does look like some kind of triton snail. Still if this is a triton snail it would hunt and eat my other snails or star fish. I have about 10-12 brittle and serpent starfish and about 5-6 other snails in my tank but they all seems OK. The other snails even lay eggs and sometime I can see a little baby snails developed in the tank. Interesting what this mystery snail feeds on?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I still think a triton,just happens to not be interested in anything in your tank at the moment,hopefully it stays like that. I tend to find that triton snails more so bother heavy bodied starfish(crimsons/knobby,chocolate chips,crown thorns,bat star,pillow star etc. Not to say it wouldn't bother a linkia or fromea or slender bodied star,I can't think of a time I've saw any type of predatory invertebrate bother serpent or brittle stars. Keep an eye on them,if they start loosing parts or getting taken out at least you know who the culprit is.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thank you CleanYourTank (hahaha) how did you came-up with this name.
I will keep an eye on my stars, if it's loosing one leg here and there I will tolerate this snail because it does look very nice and unique.
I'll keep everyone posted on developments if any, I hope not.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: