4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help. Some how my 5 inch trigger go into on of my overflow (220 gallon). I suspect he tried jumping out of the tank and thankfully landed in the overflow. I cannot take the return out as the tank is built into a wall. Believe it or not, I tried fishing him out with a size 12 fishing hook (I filed down the barb). I almost hooked him but he felt the hook. Smart fish. Now he will not go after the food. I will try again but any suggestions.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Can you get a net in there? If so you can try using a couple of nets and pull him up until you can grab him with you hand. Also try using a pair of tongs, grab him, and then pull him up until you can grab him by hand. It may help if one person try and pull him up, either with the net or tongs, and the other grab him as he comes up. It may help too if you turn off the water and bring the water level down in the overflow, which will cut down on the area that the fish is in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: