Blue_Mosquito

Active Reefer
I have two sets of critters for you people:

1) 2 shrimp. Brown and White Banded. They are "digging" multiple holes in my LR, and have even STACKED some coral rubble on the bottom, onto their piece of LR. I believe one "claw" is larger than the other. Eyes are not stalked.

2) Small white things. These things are multiplying fast; 1st on the LR, and now in some corners of the glass. They have an oval shaped body, with something like a feathery crown on top, around a central hole, Sponges?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
icon_confused.gif

A

Anonymous

1) Sounds like a pistol shrimp. They will dig a lot and can "snap" with the larger claw producing a sound just like mantis shrimp. They are harmless and reef safe.

2) Sponge
icon_smile.gif
I sign of good water.

pistols are a riot...they will rearrange the heck out of your sand/crushed coral & rubble around their lair, but a real pisser. I have a big one (2.5" long), but he's a salmon orange/pink, with a big purple spot outlined in white on either side of his body, lavender & blue legs & antennae. I put him in a 10 gallon with a 4" sand bed, and he has tunnelled the heck out of it under a massive rock

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: