danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished setup the Nitrareductor by Aqua Medic. The manual is hard to understand but I managed to figure out what outlet connect to where. After setup and fill-up with water, the problem comes.

The unit is leaking!!!!!

Where the lid and the body meets, the water is coming out of the seam/O-ring. With the cheap plastic screw clamp supplied, if I tighten it, the clamp bents and water leaks. If I don't tighten it up, water also leaks. After so many tries, my secretary tells me, "I thought you always tell us, if it ain't broke, why fix it?" ^%#$%&&^^*#@!!!!!

Anyone knows where and what I can do to get a clamp to tighten the seam down? Preferably, no cheapo plastic clamps.

Any help is appreciated.

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen aluminum clamps available from companies that manufacture sliding pocket doors. It has a little thumbscrew and a c - shaped piece of aluminum. It's sometimes used to stop a sliding door from going too far in it's track.
Try looking in the phone book under doors or door hardware.
I had the same problem with my Aquamedic calcium reactor, but figured out that the seal was twisted. (my fault)

hth,
Mitch

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that you reach a certain point that the plastic clamp just starts to bend, and it becomes obvious that tightening any further is acclomplishing nothing.I've never used a tool to tighten the clamps. Finger tight should be enough.

Mitch

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carpentersreef:
<STRONG>I had the same problem with my Aquamedic calcium reactor, but figured out that the seal was twisted.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing! I forgot to check on that! Do you typically have to tighten the plastic knobs all the way down? or simply finger tighten is enough?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: