Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would appreciate any guidance on this issue. Picture attached.

Bought the anemone about a month ago. Was doing great and this morning I woke up it looked the picture.

Feeding Mysis shrimp.

Tank. 24 gallon Nano. 0 Am./Ni/Nitrate. Calcium 480. Alk. 12.5Dkh

Existing clown was aggressively living in the anemone. Anenomone has not moved since placed (attached well).

Should I leave it alone, take it out? Try silverfish.

Just performed a 15% waterchange.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What type of lighting do you have? I add a nem do the same thing when i had insufficent lighting (pc) . When i upgraded to T5 it was back to normal. Anemones need strong lighting to thrive. Also,be careful how much you feed it. I would say once a week should be good. Good luck with it

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Did you feed it last night on the late side? Sometimes after they're done digesting what they wanted/needed of what you fed it they deflate and get 1/2 dead looking while expelling left over/ digested waste of the food you fed them.

If that's the case hell spit out the food and then look normal again after.

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
The open mouth may be a bad sign. They often have a droopy open mouth before dying...but as mentioned above, they often do that to expel whatever waste they have. Keep an eye on it, if it stays like that for more than a day be prepared to remove it from tank so it does not die and pollute your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: