cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
YIKES! Hit Home Depot and buy some huge plastic containers in the mean time.. Put all your livestock in it with a powerhead, skimmer and heater 'til you can get your hands on a new tank..

Just out of curiosity do you know where it's leaking from? And any idea how it may have occurred?

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
here is what you do find any thing that can hold water put the water in there then try to use I knwo this sounds crazy gum chew alot of gum and paste it on the hole then freeze the gum up. Tommorw take off from work and buy silcone and silcone the whole tank from the out side of where the leak is comming from. Even if you have puddy that is used for scuring rocks use that or gum for now. Take a picture and post it up fast so I can see where the leak is and tell you were to seem it

Nychris351

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ive got all the corals and rocks into bins and saved about 90% of water i have livestock in a 10 gal tank for nite the tank still has about 100lbs of sand .. i dunno wether to reseal or buy a new one.. ANTHONY27 ill send u pics in the morn n lemme kno what u think ..

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ive got all the corals and rocks into bins and saved about 90% of water i have livestock in a 10 gal tank for nite the tank still has about 100lbs of sand .. i dunno wether to reseal or buy a new one.. ANTHONY27 ill send u pics in the morn n lemme kno what u think ..

Great that you were there to save your animals!
If the tank is old, just buy a new one.
In order to re-seal the current tank properly, the entire tank needs to be disassembled and resealed on every panel, or you'll always have to sleep with one eye open waiting for the next leak :(

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
what a load wow, I would tell josh about that, that is realymessed up I was talking to a very wonderful fellow reefer today and she has not heard from that lady that was taking frags for research. I wonder :scratchch hmmmmm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: