outlaw9259

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have a 75 gallon tank and my parent been complaining about the sea sell or whatever u call the sell that comes off the tank

i got used to it but my parents dont like it

are there any good air purifiers or something that can help remove the sell

will love any inputs or advises

thanks joe

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I gather you mean sea smell!:) I've never had anyone tell me my house smells like the sea, and I have 2 large tanks in my living room. Are you curing the rocks? How long has the tank been running? What do you have in it?

Only air purifier I use in my house are the Ionic ones. I purchased mine from The Sharper Image. They closed their stores a while back, and I don't know if they are available on the net.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
My skimmer makes a smell. That cannot be fixed(not that ive heard of), but I have considered having the skimmer in an enclosed sump.

If the smell is coming from the water, I would suggest you run Carbon. You can get a decent carbon reactor for about $70, and then change the carbon once a month. That should remove alot of the smell, and also make the water alot clearer, which should help your corals, b/c of better light penetration(if you have any).

Last edited:

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
tank can get some smell if not taken proper care of smell usually comes from skimmer or from dying bacteria. try running carbon, my turtle tank made the whole house smell and i put a carbon filter back in and that made it better

jnohs

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your water smells then your water is extreamly dirty. I had some smelly water once when I started. I would recomend cutting back on feedings. the smell you smell is rotting food. plus from not feeding you will have cleaner water and better growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: