Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hoping someone can help me. I am having a problem with my alkalinity being at 15. I need to get it down. I have a 90 gallon tank which I keep at 78 degrees. I have a sump filter which I am currently running with chemi-pure elite and phosguard running in its own reactor. I also run a protein skimmer and uv sterilizer. The salinity is at1.024 nitrites and ammonia are all at 0. The nitrates are around 10-15. The phosphates are at 15(if that) . My calcium is 450. My ph. Is 8.3 .

My corals are open but not opening all the way. I have a 2 frogspawn frags as well as a torch frag. I have a bubble pearl coral. As well as an assorted mushroom pieces. I have polyp frags which are still doing great. I believe the alkalinity is the source of my problem.

I am hoping someone has the answer. Please let me know any helpful thoughts. Thanks

marklugo23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.3%
78   3   0
water change, will help. if you wait it out your levels will be off. for a while my alk was 13 and my cal was 500, and each day my alk was dropping and my cal was staying the same.. best thing to do is a water change

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: