jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Those setups look so nasty.
So heres a question. I've found a decent deal on speakers at a PC Richards and am waiting to see what they can do on a receiver I found researching around on Amazon. The receiver is a network with wireless ( well with a dongle ). The choices in my range for wireless networks ( under $500 ) are not so much but if I'm willing to forgo the wireless I have a few options. The thing is I'd like to stream music from the internet ( i.e. Pandora as well as from my PC library which is why I want DLNA compliant ). I dont want to have to have the TV ( which has wireless ) on in order to listen to music. If I get a Blu-ra with built in wifi and DLNA compliant, can I use that to stream music through my receiver?

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If I get a Blu-ra with built in wifi and DLNA compliant, can I use that to stream music through my receiver?

Most newer blu ray players have Pandora and netflix apps. So you can do your streaming there. On the lower price side I like the Samsung players.

Sound bar's are definitely a comprimise. Even in a perfect room they will not give you the same effect as true 5.1.

Within your budget it will be difficult to go with a seperate receiver and speakers, but if you are looking for great sound stay away from any HTIB system. You could always build the system over time. Start with a receiver and front L/R speakers. Add the rest as you can afford. In the end you will end up with a geat system.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
thanks. i should have been clearer. it wasn't the internet apps i was so concerned about, cause like you said the blu-rays have it. i was trying to figure out if i could use a dlna compliant wifi bluray to stream the music stored on my pc to thet receiver or if i need a dlna receiver to do so.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: