b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
What would I need in order to be able to hook my ati sunpower to apex? I also plan on buying some LED strips looks like I'm leaning more toward the sbreeflights actinic bar strips(2) instead of the xho reefbrites
I have heard of this being done just can't remember where I read it at. I know the sunpower is not dimmable but does have 2 separate controls to control the bulbs. Not looking for anything ridiculously crazy. I'm more looking to create the dusk till dawn effect and finding a nice easy schedule.
Thanks in advance and look forward to your answers and possibly suggestions

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have a Sun Power on my Apex. Just set your on and off times. Stagger when the second stage of lights go on and off for the dawn/dust effect. I go 1/2 hour between the two stages.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Did you have to buy a wxm in order for the apex to run yours?
How would you suggest I do the LED lights strips to incorporate?
If you have time or if your willing to show me your light program would be appreciated

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You do not need anything to connect it to the Apex. Simply plug in each to the EB8 and set you on off times for each. Mine is set, "ON" at 12:00 PM and "OFF" at 8:00 PM, Second light channel with daylight bulbs, "ON" at 12:30 PM and "OFF" 7:30.

Really very simple

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Nice sounds simple enough
Unfortunately I don't think my lights wires are long enough to reach apex unit in my basement. Looks like I'll have to buy a eb8. Possibly eb4 if ati takes 2 outlets. Sbreeflights would take another 2. But I want to install fans on both sides of my canopy. I'll figure that out later. Thank you for you help

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Buy appliance extension cords, only problem may be the plug orientation into your EB8. Sometimes the appliance extension cord plugs are at 90 degrees.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: