Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm thinking about taking my display tank apart ti treat my ich if I do dicide to go that route what would be the best was to treat them in the qt tank should I use copper power,or another med or hyposalt, I never delt with ich before and have no idea what hyposalt is or how to do it I am using kick ich in my display tank and I'm on day 3 today I dosed it in the morning last night my fish were covered in ich so I'm not sure if this is part of the process with the kick ich and the ich is coming out of the fish or if its getting worse ,I am going to chek the fish aftwer work and see how they look I have a 40 gallon tank I can use to treat the ich and fish in ,what would u guys do in my situation I am also feeding the fish garlic with there food please help :( :(

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm thinking about taking my display tank apart ti treat my ich if I do dicide to go that route what would be the best was to treat them in the qt tank should I use copper power,or another med or hyposalt, I never delt with ich before and have no idea what hyposalt is or how to do it I am using kick ich in my display tank and I'm on day 3 today I dosed it in the morning last night my fish were covered in ich so I'm not sure if this is part of the process with the kick ich and the ich is coming out of the fish or if its getting worse ,I am going to chek the fish aftwer work and see how they look I have a 40 gallon tank I can use to treat the ich and fish in ,what would u guys do in my situation I am also feeding the fish garlic with there food please help :( :(

Kick ich does not work, only copper or hypo. You have a couple of options:

1- leave fish alone and keep water prestine and fish healthy and maybe they can fight it naturally.

2- take all fish out of display tank. Display tank has to be fishless for minimum of 40 days so the ich can have no host to attach to.

3- fish in your 40 gallon you can treat with copper but must monitor levels carefully and plus the treatment i believe is only for 7 days so you have to leave the fish in the 40 gallon for at least 40 days because of the outbreak in display tank.

4- hypo the fish in the 40 gallon, bring salinity slowly down to 1.009. Must have a calibrated refractometer and you must have some type of biological filtration in your breeder.

Good luck, you have a tough battle ahead of you.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Yeah its drivin me nuts the weird thing is I didn't add any new fish to my tank so how the hell did I get it I did do a move so did it come from stress I really don't buy that though and another question I have is what does an aquirum do when they have ich I bet they don't take there tanks apart

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah its drivin me nuts the weird thing is I didn't add any new fish to my tank so how the hell did I get it I did do a move so did it come from stress I really don't buy that though and another question I have is what does an aquirum do when they have ich I bet they don't take there tanks apart

You can get from anything that is wet. The ich eggs can attach to corals, rocks, etc.... The ich could have been in yourand the stress brought it out.

I believe thats why people set up QT tanks. I know lots of die hard fish keepers that treat and hypo every new fish they get before they put in display tank, lots of work but perhaps ich free?

If you don't think the ich is that bad perhaps you can wait it out, stop dosing the kick ich stuff :)

Rating - 100%
161   0   0

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
charlie first thing u should do is chill out a bit . u keep rushing into thing and is only gonna hurt your wallet . 2nd it will take time for the fish to fight ich it . ich dosnt go away over night and u keep looking at your fish 5 in the morning to see if they have ich or not that gonna hurt them feed them garlic and let them do there thing. but if u have time to take the take apart and catch them out i can give u a hand this weekend if u need u can just call me but like i said u need to chill out .

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Tomorrow the tanks coming apart and I'm gonna treat my fish for ich in the 40gallon I have a few questions about jow to go about doing this how long can I leave them in the copper for I wanna keep my main tank empty for a month to let whatever ich is in the tank die off is 1 month enough time to starve the ich.

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
throw cleaner shrimps in there.. i had a horrible case of ich.. all my fish had it.. i put in three cleaner shrimp and the ich was completely cleared up in 2 weeks

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
use herbtanah, it is the only reef safe ich medication that i use and it has no problem with corals or delicate inverts. plus it makes your tank smell nice

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
use herbtanah, it is the only reef safe ich medication that i use and it has no problem with corals or delicate inverts. plus it makes your tank smell nice

Hertana does NOT cure ich, nor does it say anywhere on the bottle or in their literature that is capable of KILLING ich....and I quote:
"Herbtana supports the fish's immune system, driving off the excess parasites. Since they cannot return to the fish during treatment, the majority of the parasites will stave without a host."

It is yet another product that enhances the slime coat (usually by method of using a pepper base to irritate the fish) so the ich cannot reattach.
Far from a cure :(

Chuck - any word on how things are going?

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Well kathy I had a power outage from sat to tues so I lost a few fish I'm pretty much left with my two clowns and a pygmy angel 3 of them have had no singns of ich I may still take the tank apart sunday this tanks killin me the past month I had to go and by a genny sat night another 500 bucks lol I'm not buyin fish for a year lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: