keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, got my lights ordered from drsfosterandsmith.com really like them.

Came with a catalog.

So I was paging though the catalog (as opposed to being productive) when I saw this:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 004+112975

I'm trying to figure out how it works. Does it just rely on a vertical tube and SG to keep the salwater and fresh water seperate?

Don't really need one or anything, just saw it and was curious.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure the good Doctors would be happy to explain it to you. I mean they sold it to you, surely they know how it works better than anyone else.

;)

keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rover":1tazdgy8 said:
I'm sure the good Doctors would be happy to explain it to you. I mean they sold it to you, surely they know how it works better than anyone else.

;)

They didn't sell it to me. I don't have one. I don't doubt I coudl figure it out if I did.

I just saw it in the catalog that came with the stuff I did order and was intrigued.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty cool looking widget. I like the idea of having a continuous food supply, but I don't think brine shrimp bring much to the table in the way of nuitrician. I wonder if they make one of those that could hatch mysis shrimp?

Louey

keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":1kujrjxk said:
That's a pretty cool looking widget. I like the idea of having a continuous food supply, but I don't think brine shrimp bring much to the table in the way of nuitrician. I wonder if they make one of those that could hatch mysis shrimp?

Louey

As long as they "escape" and are eaten fairly quickly they're not too shabby nutritionally.

If they do escape quickly this'd be great for raising various fry, a continous stream of baby brine shrimp would be excellent.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one, used it for dwarf seahorse feeding when I was out of town. It worked OK, as long as you decapped the BS eggs.

keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawdawg":3c8ogurj said:
Have one, used it for dwarf seahorse feeding when I was out of town. It worked OK, as long as you decapped the BS eggs.

My question was actually how does it work, as in what makes it work.

(what keeps the salt out of the freshwater, etc.)

As you have used one, if you could give a brief explanation that'd be really great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: