Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I saw these lionfish in Jamaica on sale for approximately $4 per lb. At first sight i said ''damn they're here'' but the lionfish have made the Jamaican waters it's home for some time now.
_651561.jpeg

_104739.jpeg

Last edited:

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I lived in the Caribbean (Dominica) for a year and a half while attending medical school down there and we would go spear fishing for lion fish down there all the time. They're an invasive species as most of you know and they encouraged fishing for them. They taste like most white fish. Flaky and easy to cook. Pan seared, fried, baked. Add a little butter and lemon and you're good to go. If anything they can be a little bland so overseasoning might be a good thing lol. If you're catching them yourself be careful. You need to use shears to cut the spines off as the sting hurts pretty bad. After that just fillet them like any other fish. I'm no expert by any means. Just a poor medical student that had to catch his dinner every now and then lol :)

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
lionfish is a white fish its really very good. I had some lion fish ceviche after we went spear fishing try it if you get the chance

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: