SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Im just curious on how many outlets does your tanks take up,meaning on different circuits?I have my tank in a seperate room it has only one outlet which i think is connected to a outlet in the room on the other side ot the wall.I dont even have everything I need on my tank yet and I am using 9 plugs already. The two most powerfull things are the mh lights and chiller which I did not hook up yet? How can I find out how much power everything draws all at once. Im nervous about the chiller I have a funny feeling when the compressor kicks on and off that will over load it,even if it dont Im still nervous about the risk of a fire.Besides running a new circuit is there anything I can do to reduce the risk. I really want another circuit but i dont think my girls mom who owns the house is cool with that im on the second floor and have to run it down to the basement. I was thinking of telling her the outlets went bad and is a fire risk and have to run a new one or sneak it in when she is not home and hope she dont notice the conduit in the corner of the hallway.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
The total number of amperage used or going to use is what you need to find out and the amp on your circuit braker. A 1/4 HP chiller use about 4-5 amps.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
my apex tells me my amperage. All my lights on my tank uses up 5 amps at most thats with everything running. Most breakers are min 15amp. You gotta watch out if that outlet is tied into another outlet or switch in your house.

On my 2 8 outlet blocks i have 2 open spots.

Are you using a chiller now?

Last edited:

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I havent hooked up the chiller yet.I dont have a apex yet i wanna get one.I guess ill just hook it up and see what happens.I think my pc on the outlet on the other side of the wall is on that circuit i can plug that in somewhere else. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: