Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Simply as the title states, just curious how often everyone feeds their fish. Some people say every other day, some people say every 3 days. Just trying to gather some information and get a group consensus. Right now I feed my fish once a day which I think is contributing to my spike in nitrates.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I know fish don't have to eat every day but I feel they are always hungry lol so I feed them anyways. I am thinking about feeding them once every other day and see what happens.. not sure yet though.

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Once daily I whistle my fish come to the top (I trained them that when I whistle they come to the top and frantically swim around to the right side of the middle brace in my tank) and slowly drop in some slow sinking pellets adding only as I see them all disappear.
Waiting to feed my flame angel on the bottom til the clowns and hippo tang are busy eating their pellets on the top.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
once a day frozen pe mysis or reef frenzy once or twice a day if im trying to fatten something up or if i have an anthias at that time, i have new era pellets and aegis flakes but not all my fish eat those so those are when im lazy, reef pearls and oyster feast 2-3 times a week for coral
i always looked at it that every other day feeding was for cycling tanks or tanks with nutrient issues ak nitrate and phosphate

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Every 2 days I put 6 small frozen cubes of blender mush in a hair color applicator bottle (wife is a hair dresser & got me a new bottle)with some RO water and I keep it in the refrigerator.
Then when ready to feed shake it up and squirt small amout in tank.
I do this 3 times a day.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Side issues like spikes in nitrate mean nothing. Do farmers feed cows less because they want to have less dung.
Unless you just want to know what the least you can do do they don't die. Will they stay alive if you feed them twice a week. Probably.
The question is how often to feed so they are healthy. And I think the answer is it depends on the fish. They have different needs. It requires research on your part as to their needs. Then the resulting problems of water quality has to be addressed.

skiwez

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food drops in the tank 4 times a day. I have an Ehiem auto feeder that does 1 turn 3 times through the day. It holds a mixture of New Era Marine pellets, New Era Algae pellets, and New Life Spectrum small pellets. When I come home I feed a small portion of some sort of frozen whether pe Mysis, larry's, frozen krill, etc find that it keeps them from picking on the corals.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I have to train my fish to do that when I whistle! lol that's so awesome. They already know when its feeding time though when they see me walk up to the tank they run to the same corner and I feed them. Its neat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding twice a day unless I have the time or guilt to do more. I feel guilty when they see me in the room eating a bowl of ice cream & they are pacing the front glass trying to get my attention. Pellets in morning, frozen for pm. Corals once a week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: