Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Just wondering if I have enough flow in my tank.( 90 gallon Reef )I have 1 Mp40 and
1 mp 10 which seems like enough but I'm getting a little build up of crap or whatever on my sand bed which I siphon up a little when I do water changes every other week. Seems to help. tank is doing Great,Been up and running about 15 months and all my parameters are Good. Like to know what u have running in your tank?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I use 2 x jeabao rw-8 (2000 gal/hr) on my 65 gallon. We call always dial it down, but can't dial it higher than it's max rate, so I like to round up on the model.

If you've ever dived at a reef, you'll see the full power of the waves and currents. On a normal day, staying in a stationary spot, the waves/tides moved me 3 feet left and right, continuously with a cycle about 5 seconds. The fish would be swimming to the left, to feed off something, the water moved to the right, they would spin and swim to the right to stay at that spot. Then the water moved to the left, they would spin again.

The flow in our tanks are nothing compared to that.

Last edited:

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have 1 koralia 240 in my 29g biocube...but it wasn't enough, and it isn't variable....so i just ordered the jebao rw4 with wave controller...ill put the rw4 on one side and koralia on the other...it should be more than enough at that point. It should be here by monday next week....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: