pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just picked up a Milwaukee PH600 Meter...calibrated it using the test solution and took my first reading.

With lights off in DT & lights ON in refuge I get a reading of only 7.8! Will test again when lights come on. I guess it's the swing that matters?

3 questions about this meter.

1. How accurate is this model considered?
2. Discard sample packet of calibration fluid after use?
3. Instructions say "ALWAYS KEEP PH PROBE WET WITH WATER" & "DO NOT USE DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER FOR STORAGE PURPOSES." Then how do I store it? Could it be attached so that it remains dipped in the fuge?

Thanks all!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Milwaukee makes good probes:)
Not unusual to find the PH at 7.8 in the AM when the lights haven't been on.
Yes, you are supposed to discard the fluid after you calibrate.
You can either buy the storage solution (easier than making it), or you can leave it hanging in the tank or fuge. It will last longer is you use the solution from what I understand as constant use wears the probe out faster. ( I hear that the typical life of a probe is 1 1/2 years under constant use, longer if stored and used).
This is one of the places that sells the storage solution:
http://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Milwaukee makes good probes:)
Not unusual to find the PH at 7.8 in the AM when the lights haven't been on.
Yes, you are supposed to discard the fluid after you calibrate.
You can either buy the storage solution (easier than making it), or you can leave it hanging in the tank or fuge. It will last longer is you use the solution from what I understand as constant use wears the probe out faster. ( I hear that the typical life of a probe is 1 1/2 years under constant use, longer if stored and used).
This is one of the places that sells the storage solution:
http://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

Great! at $25 I think I'll leave it in the fuge. That's about $1.40 per month (over 1.5 years) to have constant PH readings.

THANKS

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: