tnc112105

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I get free RO water from work. I don't need a lot, since I only have a 55G Reef.

So when I need to do a water change, I fill up these HydroTotes I got. Until today?

It seems like one of them sprung a leak, and by the time I got home from my 45 minute commute, about 3/4 of the water had leaked out of the tote, literally turning the back seat of my car into a swimming pool! :bigeyes2:

Anyway, it's time to bite the bullet and buy an RO unit. Any recommendations on a good, but inexpensive unit?

I thought I'd share my little tidbit for the day. At the very least, after sucking up water with the ShopVac for the last hour, the back of my car has never been so clean!

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really don't need a lot of water, why not just invest in a heavier duty plastic container made for water? I see some on Amazon for less than $10 for 5 gallon water jugs.

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm looking at the 4 stage RO/DI from BRS. In your opinion, is it worth it to spend the extra to get the built in TDS meter? Is it really necessary? Or just a nice perk?

tds comes in handy, tds reading is a good way to tell when you have to replace your filter. i would spend that extra buck. but it can always be add on later if you wish to spend that money somewhere else.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: