o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i received the frag 2 days ago, when i got it, it had all its polyps extended, since getting it into my tank i have not even seen the polyps. i have it near the middle of the tank about 8 inches from a modded MJ900. is it in too high of flow? or is this normal and it is just acclimating to the new tank?

it has not lost any color from when i got it from the other tank, just no polyp extensions. pics dont rely show its color but u get the idea

100_1959.jpg

100_1959-1.jpg

o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
basicly i just want to know if i sould put it in a lower flow area, parameters are in check pretty much, i know im jumping the gun because its only been in my tank for 2 days. does it need high flow or medium, right now because its my only sps i have it in pretty high flow, i might be over doing it though.......forgot, my PH is low 7.9.....could this be the cause?

Last edited:

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have had mine in both high and low flow, but that frag came from a pretty high dispersed flow spot in my tank. I wouldn't put it too close to the output, that might be causing the polyps to be retracted. Also time of course.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You need to provide a lot more info on you water parameters if you expect a helpful answer. Most likely a water quality issue. Unless you are blowing the tissue off, flow won't effect it too much.

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one too and I love it. They don't really have polyps extension, instead they fill up with water and kind of fluff out. I've found my Hydno doesn't like warm temps and/or being too close to my lighting. They do enjoy a nice flow but nothing too fast. You might want to try some kind of vitamin supplement and feed it some brine shrimp if it will catch it. If it's not inflated it might be tough to feed it the brine, they need to stick to it.
Here's a pic of mine and good luck! :spin:

showimage.php

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: