ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sooooooo.....heres my story in a nutshell...
I have a biocube 29 runnin for a couple of months...32lbs of live rock and 20lbs of live sand...mixed reef lps,softies and sps. 3 fish(2 clowns and a chromis)....my water parameters have been perfect all this time...i had 2.5lbs of rubble, skimmer and 2 big sponges in the sump...but i was having a problem keeping a steady ph, so i decided to put a media rack to neaten my chemipure and phosban up and a fuge basket With a light for chaeto to help with the ph....in doing so i removed the rubble and 2 sponges which apparently had all the good bacteria and sent my tank into a downward spiral.
I did the change on a tuesday...the water got real cloudy on thursday, but it cleared up by friday...saturday night into sunday i lost 5 small acro frags....my remaining frags and colonies looked fine though....so i thought to myself that my tank probably wasnt ready for acros....i noticed on monday afternoon that my fish started acting funny and my gbt nem, lps and softies looked real bad. I ran all of my test and my ammonia, nitirites and nitrates where through the roof.
After doing some research i figured out the removal of all that stuff probably doomed my tank.
I lost my favorite clownfish today....he was such a friendly guy...i would hand feed him mysis shrimp...he was my first fish...i tried to do a massive water change to save him and the other fish...but i dont think i was in time. My other clown is swimming lop sided, and she looks like she wont make it....and my blue green chromis is practically dead as well...my nem looks shriveled....and i wont be surprised to find everything in the tank dead when i wake up.
It has me wanting to smash everything and throw it in the garbage...what a ******* waste...im so friggin aggravated.

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Sorry for your loss. This can be a frustrating hobby, but from looking at your tank thread it seems like you rushed things a little. You added too many corals and made too many changes in a very short time. And that tank is definitely not ready for a nem.

Patience is key especially in a biocube, any little change could equal disaster.

I hope you're able to save what you have left. Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: