• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I like the snow. Isn't it winter time? We live in the North East what do you expect? If it's a mild winter that you want move down to God's waiting room(Florida). :lol2: All I hear is people whining! We got through the winter of 1996 right? I have pictures of myself as a kid in the 70's and it looks like we had worse winters back then and yet we managed with shovels. Snow blowers are abundant an affordable these days. People need to get their priorities straight. Instead of buying that iphone,ipad, HD 3d TV, blue ray, surround sound first they should invest in a snow blower. Then there are the others who wait till it snows to buy a shovel. Umm guess what your not going to find one. I have the same shovel for over 20 years. Btw this should be in the waaaaaaaaaaa. Thread :)

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
that was really funny. i litterly just said outloud to my girlfriend because i just looked outside and saw its snowing AGAIN and said "i hate snoowwww" and then the screen loads and i see this as the first thread lol.

i really, really, really, hate snow. why is it snowing again. i just got another half an inch within the past half hour. why is it snowing again!?! it says sunny for the rest of the day. UNFAIR!!!

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
how do you hate snow and own an evo. i love snow but hate other drivers. they ruin it. i can play in the snow with the evo all day long if i had a spot for it!

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
how do you hate snow and own an evo. i love snow but hate other drivers. they ruin it. i can play in the snow with the evo all day long if i had a spot for it!

haha see as yes, you are correct, driving the evo in the snow is fun and could go anywhere i wanted, it does not help when you have NO tires left. lol. im ordering off tirerack.com soon, then ill be ok. lol

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
i have no thread left too and plan on roughing it out until spring and buy new BBSs. oh i'm selling my jdm rear if your interested. brand new never seen ass.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i have no thread left too and plan on roughing it out until spring and buy new BBSs. oh i'm selling my jdm rear if your interested. brand new never seen ass.

i would love it.......if i was not selling it remember lol. i actually am looking for a front bumper through since mine is distroyed.

but yeah, my tires are shot. they still make it around in snow, but just does not grab like they use to. gatta really step on it to get some traction. that ice strom we just had a few days ago really sucked though with the car.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
O Boy, here comes another socker!!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/east-coast-clobbering-ahead_2011-01-21?page=2

northeast-scenario1-012111-300x203.jpg

Scenario #1: Low tracks farther inland

- Cold air (i.e., subfreezing air) may give way, especially near the coast.

- Sleet, freezing rain (with potential ice accumulations), or rain may fall along/near the I-95 corridor for a period of time, reducing total snowfall amounts there.

- Heaviest snow totals: farther inland over the interior Northeast.

- High winds, downed trees/powerlines, power outages, would be a given, particularly if there is significant ice accumulation, due to the force of wind plus the weight of accumulated ice.

- Coastal flooding

- MAJOR travel disruption (airports, roads) over a wider area, given heavier snow totals inland, and potential ice accumulations.

northeast-scenario2-012111-300x203.jpg

Scenario #2: Low tracks offshore, near the coast

- Cold air (i.e., subfreezing air) remains locked in place.

- Heaviest snow and blizzard conditions along I-95 corridor. Lighter amounts in the interior Northeast. Somewhat similar to Christmas Weekend blizzard.

- High winds lead to downed trees, power lines, power outages and coastal flooding.

- MAJOR travel disruption (airports, roads)!

If the offshore low track (scenario #2) pans out and the low is too far out to sea, then the I-95 corridor may only see a glancing blow of snow and wind. The exception may be eastern New England.

What we know now:
Peak storm impact in Northeast: Wednesday through early Thursday
It is far too soon to precisely forecast snow/ice totals for any given city/location.
However, this storm has the potential to dump at least 1 foot of snow over a large swath of the Northeast, with much higher totals exceeding 20" in spots.
High winds, downed trees/powerlines, and power outages are possible Wednesday into Thursday, particularly near the coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: