Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
excuse the rant, but I'm a bit angry and need to vent

Monday-Morning: Go to dealership, test drive car I like, vehicle listed for $19,900 online. Salesmen says that they're going to certify the vehicle and the price may go up, but he'd honor the $19,900

Monday-Evening: Bring my dad back to dealership to look at car, says it looks good. Salesmen again advises that they may certify it and it will go up in price, but would honor the $19,900 online price. I said when can we talk numbers since the salesmen had to go. Salesmen was off on Tuesday, so I go in today.

Wednesday-Afternoon: Test drive car again to make sure I like it. Sit down and discuss numbers, salesmen advises now the price is $21,900 because they certified. Tell the salesmen of what he said on Monday, he says let me go talk to the manager. Talks to I guess the manager and comes back and say it is $21,900. I said again you said on Monday it may go up, but you'd honor the internet price. Further it is still online for $19,900. He says that is the non-certified price. He says let me go talk to manager again. Comes back with the manager, manager says the car is $21,900 because it is certified now. I tell manager what the salesmen stated on Monday. Manager asks salesmen if he said this. Salesmen says well not in those exact words, but yeah. Manager says it is $21,900. I say will you do it for the $19,900 as the salesmen said. Manager says no $19,900 will be non-certified. I said then thank you for your time and walked out.

My lease is not up until May, but I was hoping that it would be an easy smooth process and this guy f---ed it up.

<end rant

Last edited:

CoralOfDuty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
deal with the internet manager. they are full of it. internet car prices are usually completely different than when you go in person. email them.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
As is!...must be a NJ thing...not allowed to sell 'as is' in NY...
Personally, I would never buy a German car without a warranty...you'll never see a repair bill under $2500

Yeah I have a good Mercedes mechanic so that doesn't concern me too much. If they had honored their price I would've bought it today or if not going to sell it as certified then at least negotiate a bit, but the salesmen lied and then backpedaled on his word.

This sucks because I start my new position with my company next week and I've been sick all week and was hoping to get this taken care of, but I'll continue to look.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
deal with the internet manager. they are full of it. internet car prices are usually completely different than when you go in person. email them.

I'm going to check their site to see if the price increases as they said, but at this point if they're going to do that then I don't really want to deal with them period.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Forgot the guys name that was on here that opened his own euro mechanic shop. It was right near lyndhurst right off rt3.

Never going Euro again after the crap you have to go through for simple maintenance. Can't do crap yourself or buy things quickly, such as coolant, mann filters, etc.

Great cars just not my cup of tea because of lack of good mechanics for reasonable prices or comparable to domestic/japanese imports.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Forgot the guys name that was on here that opened his own euro mechanic shop. It was right near lyndhurst right off rt3.

Never going Euro again after the crap you have to go through for simple maintenance. Can't do crap yourself or buy things quickly, such as coolant, mann filters, etc.

Great cars just not my cup of tea because of lack of good mechanics for reasonable prices or comparable to domestic/japanese imports.

That is John Audi0s and he mainly does Audi/VW. My dad is a master tech for Mercedes so I'm not concerned about mechanic. Just this dealership (not where he works) had the car I liked, but obviously didn't work out. I'm going to call the used car salesmen where he works tomorrow and see if there is anything he can do for me.

I'm not even 100% set on euro, my budget is up to $20k max and I prefer something with a bit more luxury such as heated/leather seats and spacious I'm 300 lbs and 5'11. Definitely open to suggestions.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So some good news thus far. My cousin works at dodge, jeep, chrysler in Little Falls and texted me Wednesday to say they got in a Jeep I might like. Long story short I went Wednesday and test drove it, loved it. I went today and finalized all the paperwork.

I am now a proud owner of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ 40,000 miles and it is fully loaded (heated seats, leather seats, nav/dvd/hdd/sirius, remote starter). I also purchased the extended mopar warranty on it for $100 over dealer cost.

Now to get some running boards for it and enjoy it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: