YaBaBo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 91.7%
33   3   0
I know it's a bit toooo early for mating and its only a little over an inch. But the smaller clownfish swims on his side. Placing his stomach on the bigger clownfish... What kind of behavior is this? And if the bigger one moves, the smaller one follows... The other clownfish which is a bit darker than the other two stays around them but doesn't do anything... The smaller and the larger one seems to bump alot and though they don't bite, they are constantly on the top of the tank and like the smaller fish is constantly on its side making me think he's sick!! Idk... Is it a natural behavior? I also have a mimic tang, an anemone which they don't to close to -.- and couple of poly and zoa and they are doing beautifully. What may it be?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are being totally natural. They are doing a submitting wiggle and dance. The little guy is submitting to the larger one. So it's likely the are pairing up for you. Be careful of the 3rd wheel. They like to be in pairs. I would suggest removing the third one as it might get beat up and killed. Clowns are cute but vicious.

darod850

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
They are being totally natural. They are doing a submitting wiggle and dance. The little guy is submitting to the larger one. So it's likely the are pairing up for you. Be careful of the 3rd wheel. They like to be in pairs. I would suggest removing the third one as it might get beat up and killed. Clowns are cute but vicious.

+1. I had a 3rd clown in my first ever tank. Didnt make it.

P.S: glad to see another jackson heights member! ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: