Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Today I installed a leak detector in my house with 3 sensors. If any of the sensors detect any water they shut off the house main. I have been meaning to do this for quite a while and just got around to doing it. A few weeks ago my wife and I were going out and as we were leaving she said, what is that hissing noise? I said it sounded like the dish washer, she said it wasn't on and opened the cabinet door under the kitchen sink. It looked like Noah's flood. The host connecting the sink broke and was shooting water like a fire hose. I ran downstairs and shut off the main. Water was pouring out of my finished basement ceiling like Niagara Falls. Another 30 seconds and we would have been out for the night and the water would have filled up the basement, over the reef tank so my fish could have swam out through my windows, of course the salinity would have been a little low so if they had any parasites, they would have been cured, but that is besides the point. So I put in this detector and main shut off. I also built one for the reef tank that shuts off the pumps feeding the skimmer if it detects water. To think I went to Hawaii, Sicily, Germany, Greece, Tahiti and half of the Caribbean so thank God the thing decided to break while I was home. What are the chances?

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've always enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your tank Paul. I've been following some of your threads since I started the hobby. Just coming back to the hobby recently and happy to see you're still here, keep up the good work! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: