Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am building a water cooled LED fixture (yeah, I know) and I want to wire it in "parallel".
I have a bunch of 6 volt and 4 volt LEDs from old fixtures and I also have the drivers. But they are designed to run them, like most LEDs in series. I don't want to do that because these will be mounted on a copper tubing with water going through it and I want to use the tubing for one of the wires so I will only have to run one wire.
I know this can be done as I am an electrician but I forgot how to figure out the mili amps required and being an electrician, my mind thinks in light bulbs, not LEDs.
I have built quite a few LED fixtures, but never a water cooled one in parallel. I think it will be a cool Idea as water is much more efficient at cooling then air and the fixture will be very light and simple. The fixtures I took apart for parts are very heavy with 8 fans.
I will also build a radiator out of copper to cool the water but that is the easy part.
I can, of course wire this in series like all LED fixtures, but The LEDs I have are tiny and not real easy to solder so it would be much easier if I can solder one terminal to the pipe. This fixture will be 5' long and use about 60 LEDs but I can use any number of them to make it work.
I will post the specs of the LEDs I have later as I have to figure that out.
So any LED/math wizzards out there can help me?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: